Saturday, March 31, 2012

General Conference!

Okay, so since finals week is arriving Monday...I know that my stress levels will be even higher than they were during my last post. I've come to realize that I need to remember the happy times in my life, the times that truly gave me great joy such as serving as a full time missionary in the Brazil João Pessoa Mission and marrying my lovely wife Whitney. I've come to the conclusion this past week that since I decided that I wanted to get married and fulfill Heavenly Father's will, I decided that I should take on ALL the responsibilities that come with it instead of allowing my parents and in-laws to help. However, I've also noticed that they both are quite stubborn when it comes to things like that. I also realize that I have a lot to learn in the aspect of following the promptings that Heavenly Father gives me.

Today I was contacted at work by a guy that is very nice and kind who basically is offering me a job. I was quite estatic and I felt that it was an answer to my prayers and invited him to come over to explain what the job was exactly. I explained to Whitney what was happening and she was a bit skeptical as I was deep down but I was more excited to get into a job that would be beneficial for my family and I. I had been praying about it all day that Heavenly Father would help me discern between a good opportunity and one that would completely destroy my fiances. Unfortunately, this opportunity will destroy my finances if I continue or "give in" but I did receive an answer to a prayer it just wasn't the prayer that I thought it was. We had a good conversation when he first came over, but as he was preparing to share the movie that explains everything he made a comment that I will never forget. He said, "I don't know what it is about you but I just felt like I could talk to you and so I did." The answer that Heavenly Father gave me was a remembrance from my mission and what some of the families had told me as I taught them. They told me, "I feel so comfortable in talking with you. I feel like I can talk to you and you ALWAYS have the answer!"

Okay, so I don't always have the answer but I definitely have something about me that makes people feel comfortable when they talk with me. Having that thought in my mind it is a great confirmation that this major change that I am making, is something that Heavenly Father wants me to do. He doesn't want me to be completely in the medical field as a doctor which has been my dream since I can remember. He doesn't want me to be a Pulmonologist, lung doctor. He wants me to be a Marriage and Family Counselor. The major that I have decided to change to is Professional Clinical Emphasis in Marriage and Family Studies. It is just what I need to do. If people feel comfortable around me, than why shouldn't I use my talents to help as many of Heavenly Father's children return to His presence by helping them with their families or marriages that seem to be not working out the way they are supposed to.

I may not be super smart, as I know I am not, but I know that when Heavenly Father tells me to do something I will. If I don't follow the promptings that Heavenly Father gives me I would not be as happy or as blessed as I am today, even with all of the stresses that are in my life. I have a beautiful wife that I wouldn't have if I didn't follow the prompting I received to marry her, nor would I have a baby girl coming into the world in three months! I  wouldn't have served a mission to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with many awesome people that I love and miss dearly! Nor would I have the wonderful blessing and opportunity to work in the Temple every Saturday from 9am to 430pm to assist in weddings. I am so grateful for the promptings that Heavenly Father has given me.

Now for my reasoning for the title of this post, it is because tomorrow(Saturday) and Sunday The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is having its biannual General Conference where we have the privilege and opportunity to hear from a modern day prophet who is Thomas S. Monson. He is a man called of God to guide us and direct us in these latter days! I am ever so grateful and excited to hear his counsel and the counsel of his counselors and also members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles who are disciples of Jesus Christ! I am excited to find answers to questions that I have had and hopefully receive confirmation and more guidance for the things that I will be doing within the next 6 months! If anyone reading this would like to check out what the Prophet of the Lord has to say, you can go to www.lds.org and watch any of the 4 sessions! They are on Saturday from 10am to 12pm MST and 2pm to 4pm MST. Then on Sunday from 10am to 12pm MST and 2pm to 4pm MST. It is a wonderful opportunity but if you can't watch them at those times, that is okay because the recordings will be on this same website after the session has gone through. They will also be posting the conferences in PDF format if you would like to read them instead! It is a wonderful opportunity and I encourage all to watch at least one session this weekend! I pray for the well being of everyone and I hope that everyone receives many blessings from our Father in Heaven!

2 comments:

  1. Bless you Brother Tieg and your family! And thanks for sharing the information about the general conference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! Did you get the chance to watch any of the sessions?

    ReplyDelete