Well...since its been a month I guess I should post a blog...haha Well Whitney and I recently have switched wards. A ward is basically a congregation from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and it is basically a form of a family unit, in a way, kinda. Anyway, our boundaries were changed and we experienced our first Sunday in the ward today. It was super quiet as there were a total of 8 babies and two or three pregnant ladies, one being Whitney. We came from a ward where basically everyone had a kid in the ward so of about 75 families each one had at least a kid. There were a couple families in the ward that had three or four kids. But it was super quiet in our new ward and no one really talked to us. We hope that things change and that we will be welcomed a little better. I don't think Whitney will have much of a problem as the Relief Society(the biggest woman's organization in the world) Presidency already contacted her this past week and she received a visit today. I on the other hand wait to receive any contact from the ward. I hope that we get some visits as we still haven't been visited by any home teachers since we've been married, going on 7 months. I hope that I get a calling in the ward to be able to learn people's names and such but that may not happen as well as I work in the Temple every Saturday. But at least Whitney is being included as that is more important for her to feel welcomed than me. I'm able to get through any situation or make friends with people even if they don't want to! ;) haha
This past Friday we had some friends come over and it was a sort of "open house" type deal and it was VERY interesting. It was primarily Whitney's friends that came but I learned a lot about a major that I never would have considered that actually sounds like something that I could/would enjoy to do. I'm going to be changing my major to Marriage and Family Studies with an emphasis in Professional Clinicals. In other words, I'll be helping marriages and families become better and stronger and hopefully I'll be able to work with LDS services which would be AMAZING!!! I feel that it is something that it is something that Heavenly Father would approve of. I loved helping families on my mission come unto Christ and perfect their marriages and I think that this will be a wonderful continuation of that! :) Also, with these friends coming over I have an "in" with a grocery store nearby that would be wonderful to work at! It will build my resumé and I'll also be able to work during the breaks! I'm excited! I have to turn the application in tomorrow as they are hiring real soon! I have a lot to do as finals week is approaching and way too much to do. But life continues no matter what and Heavenly Father NEVER gives us trials that we cannot handle! I am super confident of that and therefore I know that it is possible to return to Heavenly Father's presence as long as we do what He asks of us! I hope you have a great week or time until I write again...oh and our baby Julia Rose arrives in about 3 months! :)
You are so full of faith and energy! You're a bubble that's just bursting with joy! I can't wait to see your little girl! She's sure to be beautiful. I hope you post pictures of her on Facebook! I'm so excited for you both!
ReplyDeleteWe definitely plan on posting A TON of pics! haha on here and on facebook but also Whitney has a blog that is teigfamily.blogspot.com that she will be posting pics and stuff too! I think she has a few posts on there too...
DeleteKewl!!! I will try to find her new blog...if possible, do you have the new link? Just in case I can't find it by typing it in..
Deleteokay...try this link and see if it works...:) http://teigfamily.blogspot.com maybe not??...idk well see if it works...let me know!
Deleteshe is that far along? that went by SOO fast! and dont feel bad, we have been in our home and ward for 2 years and i have never had a visiting teacher come (yes i have told people, many times) and home teachers only 2 times in 2 years! i love our ward and am finally starting to feel a part of it but change is hard for me. i know you wont have any issues though :) and thats exciting about your new major i think you will thrive in that field of work! thanks for the updates, love you!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete~Kelsey
Two years and only TWO VISITS??? That's insane! Our ward had some guidelines where we had to report by the 15th of each month but I home taught our home teachers which was really weird and they always came up with excuses but I'd visit them...I think they counted my visits as them home teaching me...hey Kelsey...you should follow my blog! ;)
DeleteI found Whitney's new blog! YAY! Thanks for the link! It was so much easier to find! Thank you!
ReplyDelete