1 (30 oz) package Pillsbury Gingerbread Cookie Dough (refrigerated section)
4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Roll two teaspoons of cookie dough into a ball for each cookie. Place balls of dough into paper liners mini cupcake/muffin pan. Make a well/indentation into each ball of dough with a flour dipped mini rolling pin or the back of a measurement teaspoon.
Beat room temperature cream cheese with powdered sugar. Stir in vanilla. Place filling into a piping bag, cut off edge of bag. Place one teaspoon or so of filling into each area of cookie dough.
Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes or until cookie tested with tooth pick comes out almost clean.
Don’t over fill the cookies with filling as they will rise when baked.
Let cool before removing from cupcake pan.
Beat room temperature cream cheese with powdered sugar. Stir in vanilla. Place filling into a piping bag, cut off edge of bag. Place one teaspoon or so of filling into each area of cookie dough.
Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes or until cookie tested with tooth pick comes out almost clean.
Don’t over fill the cookies with filling as they will rise when baked.
Let cool before removing from cupcake pan.
Don't they look good? Okay so my font just changed and I think it is because of the recipe that I copied and pasted but I'm not sure how to change the font back to where it was...oh well. Okay the other recipe I am currently waiting for it to "cool down" and it will be ready in 24 minutes but I still have to make the strawberry topping. I put 'cool down' in quotations because I didn't even cook it. I mixed everything and then I put it in the crust that I made(they suggested to buy it but I didn't want to) and then stuck it in the fridge.
this is the recipe:
Banana Cream Cheese Pie
Ingredients
Directions
As far as the graham cracker crust goes, I found a recipe that was really easy. One package of graham crackers, 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of butter. I baked it at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. I'm going to take a picture but I'm currently debating if I want to make the Strawberry Topping or not. I've been debating about what would look good on top of this pie. I've thought of maybe some toasted coconut(which I don't have) or the rind of a lemon that is shredded but that too I don't have. Plus I was thinking well it is more banana than lemon so that is not the right solution...if anyone has any suggestions let me know.
How I stumbled across this recipe was we had some ripe bananas and I didn't want to make more banana bread which is what I make almost every month and I wanted change. I found it on allrecipes.com which is a wonderful site! You can put in certain ingredients that you want to use and it will give you, depending on the ingredients, about 20 recipes. So I put bananas, strawberries and cream cheese and this recipe I thought was the best since I have frozen strawberries and ripe bananas. They had another recipe that looked really good but it required all fresh fruit but it was basically a fruit pizza but on a brownie!!! YUM! Oh the options in life.
I honestly think that Heavenly Father wanted us to have a piece of the Celestial Kingdom on Earth and so he gave us wonderful foods! :) hehe I honestly don't know if that is the case but it sounds good. haha I love food so much and I'm started to experiment and try new recipes with foods that I know I enjoy.
This past Sunday I made a ham. We got it on sale and it was an 8 pound ham. Way yummy! It tastes like yummy bacon! I made it in a crockpot. The recipe called for ham( an 8 pounder you can adjust the amount that you buy in the recipe) and 2 cups of brown sugar. DONE...haha what it said was to put 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar on the bottom of the crockpot. Then put the ham flat part down and then rub the remaining brown sugar on the ham and let it cook for about 8 hours on low(we cooked it for 3 or so hours on low and then about 4 hours on high and it was uber juicy and the meat fell right off the bones! :)) At any rate we added an ingredient to this wonderfully easy recipe! We took a can of tidbit pineapple, poured the juice on the bottom of the crockpot before laying down the ham. Then we rubbed the brown sugar on it and poured the pineapple chunks over the ham. It ended up being DELICOUS! We've been using the leftover meat for sandwiches which has given us the opportunity to step up a notch or a few of them from peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! HAHA! Well I guess this enough for now...I hope you all try these recipes and let me know how they turn out! Also, if you have any really good recipes that you'd like to share, you can share them with me! ;) I just noticed I don't have pic of the ham...but take my word it was good. You can find it on allrecipes.com if you'd like. I am excited to try it again!

Those look really really good!! Glad you posted them!! I may try that banana cream cheese pie...
ReplyDeleteCrystal! You'll have to try it. I think it took me roughly an hour to make what is in that picture! (not including the 1 hour in the fridge) But while it is in the fridge you can make the strawberry topping...I just didn't feel like it but I am thinking about making it for a potluck deal that my co-workers and I are having. I think it will be great! :)
ReplyDelete