Today has been a great day. Whitney and I struggle a bit this past month on getting to church on time as the time changed from 1:30pm to 9 am. We've been trying but we just need to change some habits of staying up late in order to make sure we make it on time. We arrived at church about 9:10am which is a HUGE improvement from last week as we didn't even go because we slept in BIG TIME!
We had a great time learning about pregnancy and how it affects depression before and after the birth. We then went to a different class and learned about faith and how we are able to do anything as long as we do what Heavenly Father wants us to. Also, there was a scripture used that I love that also explains how "by small means the Lord can bring about great things." I truly love how Heavenly Father cares for each one of us and how much He cares that I have everything that I need. He's always there cheering me on and making sure that I have enough money to pay for rent, so my family and I can have a roof over our heads and food on the table.
After that wonderfully uplifting class, we went to Sacrament meeting. There were three speakers and the first one really brought things into perspective. The first speaker mentioned some things about marriage and tied charity into the topic. She made me realize that life would be so much easier if everyone tried to do things for other people. She used her husband as an example. She said that one day this past week she came home early due to her class being cancelled and he was taking out the trash and saw her and was quite upset. She asked him what the matter was and he explained that he wanted to surprise her with a clean house by the time she got home and that she wasn't supposed to be home at that time. It made me think of the things that I could do to surprise my wife and see which opportunities I have to surprise her with those types of things, cleaning the house or doing something for her that would make her happy. When she was sharing these different ideas I was trying to think of what I was doing already and what I could possibly change to make things better. The third speaker also touched my heart. He was quite nervous but gave a wonderful talk and spoke with the Holy Ghost. He said things that touched my heart. One of the stories that he shared was when he was roughly 14 years old. He talked about his younger brother that was 12 or 13 who was great at everything, was fantastic at playing basketball and all that other types of things. His family had gotten together on a Monday night and they were talking about what they wanted to say to Jesus Christ when they entered His presence again. The 12-13 year old said that he wanted to tell Christ that he was a great basketball player that was very influential in his teams efforts to actually play as a team. Their father turned to the speaker, age 14 who was quite jealous of his younger brother and said "I would like to tell Christ that I am great at playing basketball, soccer, football, etc." The father then turned to their younger sister who was 7 years old and asked her what she wanted to tell Christ when she reached His presence that she wanted to tell him that she was a good person that helped others at all times and gave her best. Of course, the others learned a lesson that day that they need to help other people and not be so worried about themselves.
I left church knowing that I was in the right place at the right time. I knew that it was the place that I needed and need to be every week. Whitney and I then went to choir practice at a fellow church member's home. It was quite interesting as there was the soloist, the pianist, conductor and the conductor's husband, and Whitney and I! haha that was the choir. But we sounded really good. We sang "A Child's Prayer" and the soloist sang a few measures at the beginning and then his son would join him in singing. It was a very neat thing. I'm excited to hear it during church! They also made us brownies! They were quite yummy! :)
Then Whitney and I came home and decided to move our food storage into places that would store nicely but also not be in the way. We decided to use the space above our cupboards which turned out to be a really effective use of the space and now we have room for more food! ; ) We cleaned the baby room up a bit and will hopefully be bringing the baby stuff in there soon. We need to still hang pictures on the wall, put the stroller together and perform many other tasks that need to be done before the baby arrives. We have yet to buy a crib and a car seat and hopefully we will be able to get those within some time.
For dinner Whitney made a Chicken, Ranch Pizza which was SOOOO GOOD! I can't believe she hasn't told me that she knows how to make it. It was so good that I called our friends that live near but to come over and eat but they were busy. Hopefully they will be able to stop buy and eat some as we have saved them some.
I am making this blog to be able to share what is going on in my life on a weekly basis as my schedule is currently super super busy. I figured that it would be a wonderful Sabbath activity and plus, I get to share my feelings of what has happened which will act as my journal too! I hope that this week will go better than last week as I've run into some problems with my supervisor's supervisor and I came to the conclusion that he is the biggest jerk I've ever met! Anywho, life goes on and this week will run smoothly and quickly as Heavenly Father permits. Hope you all have a great week and I'll talk to you later, Jason
It's so great to see you both on Blogger! Love the sentiments expressed in this post. Helping others out is always rewarding! My aunt reminded me the other day, that when you do something for other's you are carrying out Heavenly Father's will and no matter what it is you do, in order to help someone, you will be blessed and I think that Whitney will feel so blessed to have you help her out around the house. The little things make all the difference and it will only strengthen your marriage and draw you closer to each other and to Heavenly Father as well! God bless you Brother Tieg!
ReplyDelete