Today was just way neat! Whitney and I have had a hard time getting up to go to church in the morning since church used to start @ 130pm and now starts at 9am. However, last night we decided to take some SERIOUS precautions and try to get up on time and get to church on time too. We set 12 alarm clocks to wake us up and we had them going off about every ten to fifteen minutes starting at 730am! HAHA We were only a few minutes late to church but we hadn't really missed much. Whitney came in contact with a girl that was in one of her classes last semester and they started talking. Whitney related the experience to me and I was thinking that it would be cool to have them over for some apple pie that we had made yesterday with another friend. However, I wanted to invite some other friends first before I invited people that I didn't know. Little did I know, Whitney was having these same thoughts of inviting them over. Our friends told us that they could not come because they were going over to their family's house to watch the superbowl. So Whitney and I decided to ask our new acquaintances over for dinner and some pie. They gladly accepted and we enjoyed each other's company very much. We even found out that they were a little worried about living in a new area and not having any friends or feeling welcomed. They were super happy to find out that their first Sunday at church and they already had their own dinner appointment! We had Tiny Spicy Chicken which is easy to make and way way delicious and then we had some Homemade Apple Pie with some vanilla ice cream! What a wonderful day! We are so glad that we followed that prompting to invite our new friends over and we even have plans for next Sunday to go over to their house and play games! Man, life is good! Especially when we follow what Heavenly Father wants us to do!
Today in church there was a lot of talk on using our agency to do what Heavenly Father wants us to do. They talked about how we need to use our agency to do our home teaching and do the things that is required of us. It was a wonderful Sunday School lesson, plus it was fast and testimony meeting and it was just great!!!
I've also realized, and continue to realize that I am extremely blessed. I have a wonderful wife that is "harvesting" my baby( as my mom and my younger sister, melissa would say), she is a great cook and she is always striving to do her best! We have a roof over our heads, our apartment is a nice apartment, two bedroom that allows us to grow and have a family living here. We always have enough food on our table for us to be fed but also to feed those around us. We came to realize that we may be blessed but if we keep these blessings all to ourselves, those blessings will spoil. I have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life which is the most important of all. I have the knowledge that Jesus is the Christ and that He is my Savior. I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have to know that families are forever and that we can be together for an eternity! I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to be sealed and married to my wife for time AND all eternity! What a wonderful blessing that is. I love being happy. The Gospel of Jesus Christ makes me a happier person because through Christ, all things are possible!
Jason, I admire the tone of your voice as you speak about your beautiful wife, the love you have for her and the utmost appreciation and the love you have for Heavenly Father and the precious savior. This was a really great post. Thank you for sharing brother Tieg.
ReplyDelete