I've been contemplating many things this past week. I've been trying to figure out why I am working at the job I have, why I'm following the educational choices I have and how I am going to get through everything that I need to. It's been interesting to work in food services on campus and struggle with a supervisor that never is pleased and constantly says things to my coworkers about how poorly I do my work; plus being compared to a previous employee who apparently was a saint and could do everything possible within a smaller allotted time than I have been given. I've been trying to figure out why Heavenly Father would give me this sort of job and then I need to look at the blessings I've received from all this stress from my job. I noticed that I have enough money each month to pay for rent and the bills. I gained a great friend that is supportive and backs me up when people/supervisor is talking trash about me behind my back. And I have had the wonderful opportunity to have these trials to get me to strengthen my relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ.
Being an expectant father has made me look at things in a different light. I need to worry about how living conditions will affect my new son/daughter. I need to worry about having enough money to make sure that we can afford food, diapers and all of those other baby things required. I have my mind always thinking about something. I came to realize how thankful I am for my father. He worked and is still working as hard as he possibly can to make sure that my sisters and I have a good life. Even though I am currently married and expecting a child, I have noticed that he is still trying to do things to make sure that I have all my basic needs. My father worked from 4 in the morning until about 1pm so that he could be at home with us when we got home from school. Because of that sacrifice that he has made until I went on my mission when his position was eliminated and now he has to work random hours and he random days. He doesn't have a set schedule like before nor does he have the opportunity to not work on Sundays which he really doesn't like doing as it breaks one of the ten commandments. Yet, due to my father's age, he continues to work with his body that is falling apart and his backward hours. I thought this week that I need to still work next semester even though all my classes are from about 9 am to 5pm....which cancels out most food services jobs except the ones from 4 -7 or 8am...therefore I need to sacrifice my sleep in order to have a roof over my families heads and food on the table until I am able to graduate with my associates in Medical Assisting and earn enough money and get a more stable job. However, that is still referring me to the fact that I need to some how figure things out. I know that Heavenly Father has provided a way for me to get to the point that I am at. I know that He will continue to guide me as long as I am doing His will.
I'm just not sure what I need to do or how to do it. There are so many things and professions that I would love to be however it is not quite possible. I would love to get a million bachelors degrees but no one would want to higher me because of my many degrees. I currently am learning what Heavenly Father means when He will walk me through and help me with my education choices. I need to figure it out however I need to put forth my best effort and make sure that I am doing my best before I can expect any help from anyone else. Now trying to figure out how to get all of my work done in the time allotted with a job and soon to be baby. Hmmm....who knows...I'm sure I'll look back at this post and be ever so grateful for these trials and thoughts that I have had and went through. I am positive that everything will work out as it has thus far. I am positive that if Heavenly Father could guide me to my beautiful wife and help us to get married in a short amount of time, then I'm positive that He will guide me with other less important decisions in my life.
I'm super excited to post on here tomorrow the sex of my first born! We find out tomorrow morning at 9am and I'm not sure if I will be able to post before I have to work at 1045am due to the many phone calls that I have to make. I am so grateful for my Savior and for suffering for my sins. I am thankful for my many trials that I am able to learn and become a better person from them! I hope that I can become a better person and do the things that the Lord commands me to do. I hope that I am able to magnify my callings and make sure that all things are perfect or on their way to perfection. I hope everyone that reads this has a wonderful day!
Awww..you guys are just starting out and you are trying so very hard to get everything in order and I think it just goes to show how committed you are to your wife and your baby and there's no doubt that Heavenly father is guiding you and yes, he's making you stronger and is helping you to be a better man so you might reach your full potential. Life is filled with worries and stress and sacrifices but one thing I've learned over the years is that Heavenly Father always provides for his children and where's there a will, there's a way. Together, you and your wife can make it through everything. You guys are just starting out and I know what it's like to start out. It's hard but I think all the experiences I've had has made me a better stronger person because of all those worries and stress and it truly helped strengthened my relationship with Heavenly Father. My husband too is a very hard worker and as his wife, I would love to have him home more often but at the same time, I can't help but to admire his commitment towards our family and his strong dedication and sense of responsibility. He has sacrificed a lot just for me and his children and I am very thankful to have him in my life. Jason, if you work hard, if you take care of your family and if you just love them with all your heart and show it everyday, then one day, this will be Whitney. She'll be telling the world how much she loves you and how proud of you she really is and no doubt that Heavenly Father will reward you tremendously and bless you so much with things you never thought possible. Do whatever you can, whenever you can and always do everything with love and you wont go wrong. This is just a temporary phase and this too shall pass and once this storm is over, another one will probably start brewing but you'll be just a little bit stronger than before and it wont be as bad...I promise!
ReplyDeleteAh Thanks! It's funny but I have to keep telling myself that this too shall pass...but sometimes its a bit rough. Like now, I have to write a paper that I really don't want to! haha...but once I do I am one more step closer to graduating!
ReplyDelete