Monday, February 13, 2012

Marriage and other stuff....:)

Well, I guess I haven't written on here for a while....at least a week. LOL anyway, a ton has happened since I last posted thus me not posting. However, I'll keep you updated. Lets see...I'm not actually remembering a whole lot that happened but Thursday was completely and utterably horrible. I was stressed out to my max primarily because of my supervisor but that's another story. He's a jerk. However, I really came to realize that Heavenly Father truly has His hand in every situation. Between work and going home to complete my many, many assignments, I had a good conversation with Him and things didn't get easier or even better but I definitely felt and knew that things would be okay. I prayed to have a better day on Friday and I did! I got most of the stock put away and I got a ton done at work before I left which made me feel wonderful, except my supervisor still found SOMETHING to complain about. I really don't like him and I really hate being treated poorly for something that I can't deal with. My job is stressful but I need to keep it until I can find another. I feel bad because I'm constantly tired and I only work a four hour shift a day. It's ridiculous. I went and did some research on some plants that the university was selling and I was able to figure out what would work best in our home. I didn't buy any because I was waiting for it to be closer to Valentine's day. Whitney and I went to our friend Katie's house and met her parents who are SUPER nice! We made and ate French Bread Pizza and her mom made brownies for us! PLUS, we learned how to make cinnamon rolls and it was GREAT! I ate SO MUCH! We also watch 'She's the man' which is a HILARIOUS movie!

Saturday Whitney and I stayed at home and inside, in our pajamas for most of the day. I got some homework done but not nearly as much as I wanted. Nor did we leave the house until 8pm! We visited some friends for a little bit and came back home to do nothing again! haha But it was a much needed relaxation time for me!

Sunday Whitney and I were invited to go over to our new friend's house that came over on the 5th! We ate lunch with them and ate some Stirfry and had this delicious amazing brownie/ pudding dessert! Oh it was to die for! :) Whitney went and visited one of her friends as well. We also went to Church in the morning before lunch and everything else! haha I can't forget the best part can I? lol anyway, we stayed home for the remainder of the day and we were so so full that we didn't want to eat until about 1am...we need to get a better sleep schedule! HAHA

Today has been a good day! I bought Whitney a bouquet of Daisy's which is her favorite flower and I also bought her a Hyacinth plant. It looks like a lilac flower except for the flowers are bigger. It is way unique! She was surprised and it made me happy. She's also starting to like surprises now! ;) We had plans for some friends to come over for Family Home Evening, a night spent towards talking about the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our families. We originally were going to have some friends over but they cancelled due to illness, so we had some other friends over and it was so much FUN! We talked about having a covenant marriage and giving 100% of ourselves to our spouse instead of having a contract marriage and giving 50% of ourselves. It was really neat to share thoughts and express our love for our spouses and for our Savior! I also had a religion class today which was very inspirational to me today as we talked about covenant marriages as well. The two talks that we had to read for today were by Elder Hafen and Elder D. Todd Christofferson. This is Elder Bruce Hafen's talk: http://www.lds.org/ensign/1996/11/covenant-marriage?lang=eng&query=covenant+marriage I'm not sure exactly how to share things on here. So if any two of you know just let me know how to do that in a blog! haha thanks! This is the other talk by Elder D. Todd Christofferson: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2009/04/the-power-of-covenants?lang=eng&query=power+covenants 

These two talks were great and I just love knowing that we have the opportunity to have eternal families. That we are able to make covenants or promises with our Heavenly Father and we will be able to be with our spouses and children for an eternity! I love the hymn "Families can be together forever" the verses go like this: "I have a family here on earth, they are so good to me, I want to share my life with them through all eternity. Families can be together for ever, through Heavenly Father's plan. I always want to be with my own family and the Lord has shown me how I can, the Lord has shown me how I can. Even while I'm in my early years, I'll prepare most carefully so I can marry in God's Temple for eternity. Families can be together forever, through Heavenly Fathers plan. I always want to be with my own family, and the Lord has shown me how I can, the Lord has shown me how I can."

In Portuguese it is like this, "Uma familia tenho sim, eles sao tao bons pra mim, Quero viver com eles pra eternidade assim. As familias poderao ser eternas, no plano do Senhor, pra com eles viver pra sempre eu merecer. O Senhor mostrou-me o que fazer, O Senhor mostrou-me o que fazer. Enquanto ainda jovem sou, eu irei me preparar pra que no Templo do Senhor eu possa me casar. As familias poderao ser eternas, no plano do Senhor, pra com eles viver pra sempre eu merecer. O Senhor mostrou-me o que fazer, O Senhor mostrou-me o que fazer." I just love this hymn. It is a hymn that I had the opportunity to sing on my mission and I was able to share it with various families. They were prepared to hear about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and when they heard this hymn they knew that they could have their family for an eternity! I am so thankful for my mission but most importantly for the knowledge and opportunity to have an eternal family. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be a father in July and in 4 days we find out the sex of our baby! I am elated to know that Heavenly Father is a kind and loving father, I hope I can be like Him!

2 comments:

  1. As a stay at home mom, I know just how grueling work hours can be, not just for my husband but also for me as well. It truly does take it's toll on people from time to time. You just concentrated on getting your work done so you can go home to your beautiful wife and be sure to tell her you love her every day as soon as you get home! I promise you, it will melt the stress away and make even the darkest days seem amazing and I know you already are a very humble and faithful servant of the Lord Jesus Christ and our heavenly father so you've got everything you need to keep your head up and get through anything! Glad to see you back on blogger! I've missed your blogs! Can't wait to see what the sex of the baby is!! You two must be really excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited! And thank you! I've been meaning to blog for some time but I will be blogging tonight I think...hopefully we can fulfill out plans tonight at 730 if I can get my homework done! :D

    ReplyDelete